Monday, February 25, 2008

Scared of the Carpet???

So, this is a first for me as a parent. Today, as I was getting ready, little P was happily (so I thought) watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. All of a sudden, I hear shreaking. Oh no I thought. I run down the hall, to meet my baby running toward me, with the most petrefied terror in her face, and then she climbs up my leg saying "Bumble Bee!! Bumble Bee!!". I'm thinking to myself "how on earth did a bumble bee get into the house?". So I tell her to show me where it is. Still clinging to me, she scans the floor with terror in her eyes, and then I realize, there is no bumble bee. I try to tell her there isn't one. But she is 2. And defiant. So, for the rest of the morning until lunch time, she will not walk on the carpet. Only on the couch, or in my arms. I would have taken a picture, but that almost seems cruel. This one definately keeps me on my toes!!

0 comments: